Rath Kiri (纪国平) has legal experience in Cambodia and the USA. He was a member of the first Cambodian team to join the Willem C. Vis Moot International Commercial Arbitration in Austria. A member of New York State Bar, Mr. Kiri holds a master degree of laws (LL.M) from University of Washington, Seattle.
Currently he teaches corporate, security, and contract laws at
Royal University of Law and Economics. He speaks Khmer, English, Mandarin,
and basic Thai.
Prior joining to the firm, he worked as a legal advisor at a leading regional law office in Phnom Penh providing legal advice and assistance to local and foreign investors across multiple practice areas including:
- Real estate and construction: drafting various real estate documents such as lease, sale and purchase, mortgage, and construction agreement. Advising on property transfer process, land due diligence, title conversion and consolidation. Preparing applications on long term lease registration, hypothec registration, and construction permit.
- Corporate and commercial: assisting in corporate matters such as doing company registration and dissolution, share transfer, and corporate compliance with Ministry of Commerce, General Department of Taxation, and the Council for the Development of Cambodia. Applying for specific business license from some ministries and authorities. Drafting memorandum of advice and legal opinion on various corporate matters.
- Banking and finance : drafting financial documents such as loan, guarantee, escrow, and other security agreements. Advising on banking and microfinance license applications.
- Mining and Energy: applying for various mining and energy licenses for clients. Advising on merger and acquisition of local mining companies. Drafting and reviewing various agreements in this sectors such as supply agreement, construction agreement, and joint venture agreement.
- Taxes: advising on tax compliance and on specific business transactions.
- Citizenship and immigration: advising and assisting clients on their Cambodian and US immigration law matters such as citizenship and other immigration applications.
- Dispute resolution: advising on litigation and arbitration cases. Drafting legal memorandum and other necessary documents for submission to the judges and arbitrators.